For CEUs, CME has been approved for 5.25 and Psychology has been approved for 5.
Become a Sponsor
Businesses & Organizations: We have a variety of sponsorship opportunities available to fit your budget. For more information, view and print our Sponsorship Form.
Thank you to our following sponsors!
- Austen Riggs Center – Mental Health Advocate Level
- Berkshire Pathways – A Program of Viability – Mental Health Partner Level
- The Brien Center – Mental Health Supporter
- Gould Farm – Mental Health Partner
- Greylock Federal Credit Union – Mental Health Supporter
- ServiceNet – Mental Health Benefactor
- Your Personal Best: Workshops for Success – Mental Health Friend
The mission of The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Berkshire County, a community based, non-profit organization, is to support, educate and advocate for all those in Berkshire County whose lives are affected by mental illness. NAMI Berkshire County provides information, referrals, classes, workshops, support groups, and advocacy to family members and caregivers of people living with mental illnesses. We assist children, adults and families with mental health questions by accessing resources and services that promote understanding and recovery. That may mean referrals to the local agencies, support groups and classes for family members and caregivers of individuals living with mental illnesses.
Following are some comments from participants. “NAMI BC’s education programs are a life changing experience.” “I finally get it; mental illnesses are medical issues and not my fault!” “NAMI Berkshire County helped me build confidence in the healing process. I have the courage to face whatever comes with their support.” “Details on how to get an accurate diagnosis and treatment options really opened my eyes to the possibilities. My kid has rights. Now I have hope.”
We encourage you to peruse our website and like us on Facebook to keep current with all that we have to offer. For additional information, comments or concerns, contact us at 413-443-1666 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries are confidential, and there is no charge for the assistance you receive.
Donate to NAMI Berkshire County by shopping at Amazon.com!
- If you already have an Amazon account, just sign in using your Amazon account info, and you will automatically be set up for 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to be donated toward NAMI Berkshire County each time you make an Amazon.com purchase!
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know: same products, same prices, same service. The only difference is that you have to log in through AmazonSmile each time you make a purchase. If you do not have an Amazon account, you can create an account through the same link.
- Ready to get started? Click the link below!
Do you have questions about what your health insurance covers for mental health or substance use disorder services?
The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) of 2008 requires health insurers and group health plans to provide the same level of benefits for mental and/or substance use treatment and services that they do for medical/surgical care.
The final MHPAEA regulations published in 2013 applied parity protections to the commercial market, and final regulations issued by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services on March 29, 2016, applies parity rules to Medicaid managed care and the Children’s Health Insurance Program. As a result, parity requirements now apply to most health plans in the United States.
Download these resources about parity for mental health and substance use disorder benefits: